Sketch Mayhem

Hey y'all!  Just doing a quick share of a layout I completed recently using my most favorite thing in the world (not)-a sketch. This is the monthly sketch challenge for my LSS (Srapping Frenzy) for the month of March.  It was scary...lol.  So, seriously...the sketches are truly a challenge for me.  Here's the sketch:
And here's my take:

I'm not completely loving it...but it's slowly growing...I think ;).  I used Echo Park's Happy Days collection.  Here are a few close-ups. 
 I dyed a piece of muslin fabric with Spiced Marmalade Glimmer Mist (LOVE the color!) and randomly applied it to the crochet ribbon as I didn't want full coverage.  I also used the same color and a Crafter's Workshop Template to create the title.  The chip is from Polar Bear Press ( THANKS ANDREA!!! I FEEL LIKE SUCH A GOOBER! LOL) that I had in my stash.  Also flicked Smooch Ice Rink ink on the sides. 
 I randomnly spritzed some Shimmerz Vibez (Before Dawn) and Smooch Spritz (Ice Rink) in the corner and edged the paper with acrylic paint.  Those are my first ever rosettes (no laughing!)! I flicked more Spiced Marmalade and added coordinating buttons. 
 This is a card I submitted for the Donna Salazar DT call at the end of last year...just never posted it.  I made the flowers with the Tattered Florals Die from Tim Holtz....The middle flower was colored using Mix'd Media Inx (Peridot LOVE this color...so purdy) and so was the die cut flower (Spellbinders shadow flower) on the label. 
I sprinkled the kraft flowers with glass glitter and Fairy Dust using Glue Gloss. 

Well, that's it for now peeps!  Until next time, take care y'all!

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Holy gorgeousness! I love these! :) You're not a fan of sketches, eh? hehe. I wouldn't be able to tell, by this fabby layout...it's amazing! :D <3 <3 <3 Your card is pretty darn gorgeous too.....you rock the flowers and design, most definitely.
Thanks for swinging by my blog, and always making me feel like a rock star....you're such a super friend!

Anonymous said...

Holy gorgeousness! I love these! :) You're not a fan of sketches, eh? hehe. I wouldn't be able to tell, by this fabby layout...it's amazing! :D <3 <3 <3 Your card is pretty darn gorgeous too.....you rock the flowers and design, most definitely.
Thanks for swinging by my blog, and always making me feel like a rock star....you're such a super friend!