World Card Making Day Blog Hop!

World Card Making Day 2014 with the Clearsnap Creative Team


I'm so excited to be celebrating World Card Making Day 2014 with you and my friends at Clearsnap!! We kicked off the celebration yesterday with a set of cards from our team (see that blog post here) and today, we're bringing you even more inspiration. Make sure you check out the Official World Card Making Day site to submit your work and enter to win an amazing prize pack from the WCMD 2014 sponsors (like us!).   




Today I will be sharing with you a VERY simple card that boasts some shimmery glam-courtesy of Clearsnap Smooch Accent Inks




The base of the card is a piece of white cardstock that has been cut down to size. I've embossed a second piece of cardstock with an embossing folder from Sizzix-cut this piece down to size and adhered it to the card front; I wanted to keep the design simple, but also give a punch of texture and visual interest. 



I told you this card was very simple to create!  We are halfway finished already! I cut the roses and leaves with an electronic die-cutting machine.  I used Clearsnap's Smooch Accent Inks in "Sassy Pink and Taffy" to colorize the roses, and Smooch Accent Ink in "Green Apple" for the leaves.  These inks are permanent and light fast...so layering for shadowing effects is super easy to achieve.  I also cut out labels for the greeting-I topped those labels with a pre-printed sticker label and applied one of our Design Adhesives "Love;"  I covered the adhesive with Clearsnap Designer Foil in Black and like that, the card is finished!  I hope you've enjoyed this project, and thanks for stopping by! 


Continue on the hop by visiting these team members' blogs! Leave a comment on each and use the widget below to enter to win a prize pack just for Clearsnap followers!! 

Suzanne Austin (You are here) 
Jennifer Priest (Go here next)




Enter our giveaway here (and happy hopping!!): a Rafflecopter giveaway

27 comments

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful Card. Thanks for the chance to win.

JPScraps said...

Beautiful! Great use of the Smooch inks. Definitely have to try this.

Unknown said...

So very pretty Suzanne!

Hydrangea Hippo - Jennifer Priest said...

Love this card Suzanne---so pretty with the shimmery diecuts against the white embossing -- gorgeous!!!

Deb Jennings said...

Love Smooch! Such a great way to use it. Love your roses. The coloured flowers look great against the white embossed background. Happy WCMD!

Unknown said...

Love the flowers! Great card!

Candy said...

I love this card.. I need to use my smooch accent inks more!

barbara macaskill said...

I have just recently discovered Smooch Accent Inks and am truly mesmerized by them!! Don't know why it took me so long to learn about them but am so glad that I finally did! TFS!

cghundley said...

Lovely card, great
embossing on it
and love the pop
of color!
Carla from Utah

Anonymous said...

the card is so elegant and pretty.
Love the colors.
thanks for sharing.
Happy WCMD.

Carmen O. said...

So pretty! I really love the embossing and how you used the Smooch accent inks. Beautifully done!

Liz in Washington state said...

It always amazes me how embossing can add so much to a card. The choice of ink makes for a striking card.

Gloria Westerman said...

Such a sweet card...I love to emboss on my cards too...love it...tfs

Pammejo said...

Beautiful Card!!!

Amy Martin said...

Beautiful card. I love the bright colors against the white. So pretty.
Amy Jones

Robin B. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the embossing.

Nubia said...

I love the textured white bottom half with the colorful top!

cal8007 said...

All those swirls and leaves - just love your card!

Leanne said...

Wow! Your card looks awesome!

Heather said...

wow, that is very pretty. love the color tones, great idea.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

So beautiful!!! Love the way the colors stand out against the white. TFS

Migdalia said...

Stunning & Beautiful!
Migdalia Rodriguez

Mixed Media Picker said...

That embossing is stunning. TFS

Janis said...

This is so very lovely and pretty!! That embossing makes the whole card so special.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Linsey R said...

Oooo what a gorgeous card Suzanne! White dry embossing is always a stunner and this lovely creation is no exception! I love it! thanks so much for sharing with us for WCMD! Hugs :)

Lissa said...

Love the technique, love clearsnap. Lissag123@verizon.net

Katie said...

Beautiful card! Love how you colored the roses and leaves, so pretty...and how you took them to the edges of the card. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.