Clearsnap and Clear Scraps Blog Hop!


Hey everyone!  Today is the second day of collaboration between Clearsnap and Clear Scraps!  Be sure to stop by both blogs for a chance to win a fabulous prize pack from each company!

Today I will be sharing with you a mixed-media tag that features Clearsnap Inks and Clear Scraps Mirrored Pennants.   These were really cool to work with esp in seeing how well our Surfacez Inks and Design Adhesives and Foils worked on the surface.


The tag was prepped with gesso and texture was added by adding drywall tape to the background.  Once the gesso was completely dried, I applied color to he background using Aladine Izink Inks that were diluted with water.  I repeated by adding gesso over the colored areas then reapplying ink until I was happy with the color.  


I wanted to add a little flair to the Mirrored Pennants.  So, I grabbed some Design Adhesives and Gold Designer Foil.  The Adhesives and Foils went on like butter!   Next, I applied a drop of Surfacez Refill Ink directly over the foiled design; using one of our ColorBox Color Blenders, I gently distributed the ink. I wasn't too concerned about the Foil being covered or if some of the gold came through.


The Surfacez Inks dry quick, so I was able to continue on with the tag with no issue.  I colorized the flowers using diluted Aladine Izink Ink in "Topaz" and ColorBox Stephanie Barnard Dye Ink Spray in "Bubblegum" (diluted).  I added a few embellishments and the tag was complete!  

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!  Remember to stop by the Clearsnap AND Clear Scraps blogs for your chance to win some AWESOME goodies!  You will want to try these two great products together for yourself!! 

5 comments

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the foiled mirrors!

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a gorgeous tag, Suzanne! Love the fabulous colors. :)

Robin B. said...

Gorgeous tag! I love the texture and flowers, thanks for sharing.

Mary Holshouser said...

The tag is beautiful. I love the shades of red and the flowers really add to it.
thanks for sharing.

Mary Holshouser said...

The tag is gorgeous.
I love the shades of red.
The flowers really set it off.
thanks for sharing a wonderful project.