What a bear of a night!

My little one had other ideas about sleeping last night! He went to bed as usual at about 10p, which is usually the time, I can "exhale." Well, hubby gets in the bed at about 11p and I get in at about 0030. Kj's in his crib, and about 0230 who do I hear...who do I see....in his crib with the hugest grin on his face?...you guessed it! I'm thinking, yes, recovery will have to be quick, but sleep is still attainable! NOT!!! When I got him out of the crib and into our bed, he dives over onto my husband and starts to beat him in the head! His usual "wake up in the morning" tradition to make hubby stir and play. So, I nudge it off, thinking no way this kiddo think he's actually getting up. Boy, was I wrong. 1 juice bottle, playtime and 3hrs later...he's just now getting sleepy! So, I leave the bedroom several times because hubby's days begin really early with about an hour plus of driving. Finally, in the living room under the ceiling fan, KJ decides it naptime. Yep, naptime. I put him in his crib thinking, finally, I can go to sleep. WRONG!! about an hour later, who do I hear...who do I see! I'm thinking, I'm not gonna make it, I'm not gonna make it. So, I do quick recovery, pacifier in one hand and a prayer in the other, put him in my bed and he dozes off after a couple of minutes of fighting the urge. The kicker is...he still got up at his normal time...0800! So, I've been up ever since...he has had 2 naps since. I'm thinking I will call it an early night tonight if I can't steal a nap today!

I'm kind of excited, kind of disappointed. We have narrowed car choices down to possibly 2...but pretty sure of what we want, and financing has already been secured (yay!). So, it's kind of wait and see if someone has what we're looking for! I'm disappointed because...darn it, we have to make those monthly car payments again! I really, REALLY don't miss that!

3 comments

CJensen said...

Man, those nights stink! I hope you get more sleep tonight!

Fink said...

I am glad that I didn't have many of those nights! My girls were good sleepers or it could be the fact that I kept bugging them when they would try and nap! I was a mean mommy! I hope you catch up on your sleep!

Stampin' Meg said...

I am sorry but I just had to giggle at his middle of the night baby antics!