woo, been a while!

Well, I know it's been a while since I've updated, but I've had a time this past week or so. I've been going back and forth to the doctor's office because late saturday night/sunday morning, I woke up to really, REALLY bad stomach pains. I'd had something similar to this before, actually every 2-4 months. I never knew what it was because once the pain was gone (after a couple hours of intense pain) I would be fine. Well, they started getting worse and worse and this last time the intense pain lasted for hours and hours....then on and off for days. I couldn't eat anything. So, I went to the docs on Monday...he says he suspects gallstones. I suspected the same, but not being a doctor and only a webmd officianado :) I wasn't sure. So, they run all kinds of blood test and send me to the hospital for a belly ultrasound. The ultrasound lady says, "well I don't supposed to tell ya, but you do have gallstones and a LOT of them. More than likely that's what's been causing your pain." She says she sees a lot of women in there that have had a baby within the past year or so to get them. I'm sure that's not the absolute cause...but very interesting. Anywho, I have to go back to the docs on Monday for the official results. I've only been able to eat since Thursday....and I tell ya, it's been the pillar of health eating! I've avoided fatty and fried foods like the plague. I DO NOT want to go through that pain EVA again. If you've had them, you know what I'm talking about.

I also had to withdraw from my training class that was due to start Monday. :( I'm kind of sad about that...but then I'm kind of not. If I'd started training and ended of having to have surgery during training, they would've dropped me like a hot potato. If I withdraw now and start at a later date (with documentation of the "said" illness) it's not considered quiting or getting fired. So, I'll just have to ck to see if they're hiring again or starting a new class.

On the other hand, I am very happy to announce that my hubby accepted an offer for a job that will begin on Monday. YAY! The pay and benefits are great...it means and surpasses what he made in the military which is a plus for us esp with me not working right now. He'll be (the stuffy title) a Marine Engineer. ...essentially it's the same thing he did in the Navy for oooooh 20+ yrs! The only thing I don't like is the commute and the occassional travel. I know you can't have your cake and eat it too. I'm just thankful and feel truly blessed that he was able to secure a good job before his military retirement became official. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes!

Well, not much else has been going on here in my world. Kj is....KJ!
and scrapbooking, judging by the clean table....well it's....been on hold for over a week now!


I have to post more pics of the room a little later...it's been finished, I just haven't had a chance to take pics and post....this is just a shabby pic I took of part of the room. Take care all! :)

4 comments

Karen Pinsonat said...

Oh girl, I hope you feel better soon, that sounds rough!

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh that table is wayyy too clean , Suzanne- That's just down right disgusting!
Good luck with those gall stones- looking in my crystal ball I sure see some surgery in your future too. My SIL had hers out last year and they did it laporascopically and she just had a few band aids on her tummy when it was done but yeah she was still sore INSIDE!
Hugs!

Lainey said...

Definitely too clean, I'm with Meg, LOL. My mom has dealt with the gallbladder attacks, too, and finally had to get it out, after dealing with one too many ER visits. I hope you can get yours taken care of soon, and get to feeling better! Congrats on your hubby's new gig!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohhh, owieee on the gall-stones! You poor dear... I'm sorry! Too, bad you had to put your training on hold now. I sure hope you can get it all taken care of soon and get back to feeling normal... and back to eating some good fried chicken, lol! Ahhh, sorrry, feel better my friend!

Amen to the hubbs getting a super job! God IS good...right?! What a huge relief for you all. I'm so happy for ya!