This weekend was a tad better than last to say the least. I drove over to Louisiana for my Aunt's funeral on Friday. I thought I was gonna have to take my little booger, but hubby surprised me by staying home...so KJ stayed home with him. I love my little guy, but it was SOOOO much easier for his Dad to keep him home rather than take him with me...and to a funeral no less. I was thankful for that. The funeral was uneventful (thank goodness). My grandmother did well. I'm glad she didn't lose it....but even if she would've, she had lots of support there. After the funeral, we all met back at her house and had dinner and a blast. I know that sounds bad, but it really wasn't. Everyone was just soooo happy that my grandmother was laughing and having a good time that it just felt right. She has lost both of her sisters and only has one sibling left....So, she actually said that she wondered why God didn't take her...and we all just simply said because as selfish as it sounds...we still need you here and God knows that.
The rest of the weekend was easy going. We had a BBQ on Sunday with all of our family over. That went well. Fun was had by all, the food was great (if I must say so myself (*clearing throat*)) hehe! Memorial Day was quiet and relaxed. It was good that hubby was home for a change. I'm glad he has a job and all, but I do miss him at times...eventhough he can be a total turd at times. Go figure!
Well, not much else is going on. I haven't completed a scrapbook page for months now. I'm hoping to get one done soon though! Hope everyone's week is going well! Take care :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Follow on Instagram
2 comments
I am sure that your Aunt was looking down from heaven and happy that the family was all together having a blast, Suzanne.
So glad it was a wonderful and magical weekend for you and your family!!
Post a Comment