What a weekend

The week had been pretty uneventful to say the least. The routine was normal, the kid (starting terrible 2's!)...you know the grind of it all. Well, a really good friend of mines husband is in town for recruiting shcool. He decided to come over on Saturday. Well, he made it...it was great seeing him again. I'm in the kitchen preparing to throw some stuff on the grill when I get a phone call from a relative. Quick rewind, I have a great aunt that's in the hospital with chronic kidney disease, diabetes, and what appears to be congestive heart failure. Well, she took a turn for the worse which landed her in ICU again. The doctors were basically saying that she has 24hrs to improve with whatever new angle they were gonna try(which was basically the last avenue or course of treatment that they were able to try). Her heart was VERY weak. Her blood pressure was VERY low. She was on life support....not able to do ANYTHING on her on her own...basically non-responsive. She couldn't maintain body temp, breathe...anything. She was on the strongest morphine drip available and the strongest blood pressure med available to keep her blood pressure up. So, one minute I'm cooking then the next minute I'm packing a bag for me and my little one.

Well, she passed the following day (yesterday). To top it off, my grandmother was so sickened by all of these that the same day (saturday) my aunt took a turn for the worse, she was rushed to the hospital with chest pain. Well, her ekg was normal...and everything else looked normal. Apparently she had a panic/anxiety attack...and was sent home within an hour with pain and stress pills. Well, she had another episode later that evening when me and other family members returned home from the hospital; we had to tell her that my aunt was basically already with God and it was up to her immediate family to make the decision to take her off the machines. So, to say the least....no slept was had. Funeral arrangements are being made for my aunt. ..never an easy thing.

I returned home yesterday EXHAUSTED. I mean I literally had NO sleep for over a day and a half by the time I made it home.

Does the day end you ask? NOOOOOO. My dear sweet hubby volunteered (after I beat him with a plastic bat (metaphorically speaking of course!) to give KJ a bath. I'm like cool. I can relax for a couple of minutes. So, he gives KJ a bath...then decides to take a shower himself. BUT BEFORE he puts a diaper and tshirt on the kiddo. SO KJ's running around free-spirited...free balling...playing til his heart's content. So after a couple of minutes, I figured out that my hubby was in the shower and decided to put his diaper on myself. So after catching him and getting ready to put his shirt on....he starts to poop! So I yell for my hubby to get the potty chair ( he takes his FREAKING time in doing so! ) So by the time he gets there....KJ's done his deed on the carpet....manages to step in it...kicks his feet gets it on me...and surrounding areas! EWWW! I'm so tired at this point...that the mere thought of having to clean this mess up makes me so mad...but I had to do it! OH, to top it off...by the time we got to him..he was at the end of the deed. He had a secret poop trail that I discovered soon after I started fuming things up with bleach and soap! He'd left a package in at least two other rooms. So, needless to say, my steam cleaner was put to great use last night! So finally, when I just can't keep my eyes open, I go to bed at about 1030.

See, told ya...what a weekend.

I did get some crafty time in before all of this began. Here are just a couple of cards I completed trying to use up some scraps.

But not before I had to do an overhaul of my scrappy space because the little wire unit in my closet that held all of my paper and then some collasped! What a mess! So, my scrappy space now looks like a scrappy space because I had to bring in a monster of a shelf to house my stuff!
Well I hope you all had a great weekend, and will have a great week to boot. I'll be checking in soon! Take care all :)

6 comments

CKMommy said...

Oh my goodness Suzanne, you did have an awful weekend! I hope you get some rest SOON!! I'll be thinking of you and your family at this difficult time! You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Becki :)

Scrappinwendi said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. You sure did have a weekend. My little one wont have anything to do with the potty so believe you have your work cut out for you. LOL!

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh I am so sorry about your Aunt, Suzanne. I hope that your grandma is better soon too.
I did have to chuckle at the "secret poop trail though" -You should have made DH clean it up- that would have taught him a lesson- far worse than the metaphorical plastic base ball bat!
Your scrappy space looks FABULOUS!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh, I know how tiresome this weekend had to have been for ya... so very sorry about the passing of your Aunt! And I hope your Grandmother is doing better!

Too funny about KJ and the secret packages! Thanks for the laugh... I sure needed that!

Your cards and your scrappy space look fab, girl!

CJensen said...

So sorry about the loss of your Aunt! I am sure that it was a very difficult time for you and your family.

And the adventures in pooping..ugh..I hate that! I have cleaned up more poop in my lifetime than I care to admit. The joys of motherhood. Take a rest when you can! Hugs!

Jill Marie Paulson said...

Wow! What a great space you have!! I'm totlly jealous!