Just checking in briefly

I've been truly MIA, I know. Just checking in to say "HI!" I've been super busy this past week or so. My FIL is in the hospital. He had surgery earlier this week on his back; his spine was being compressed by tissue that had grown around certain areas on his spine causing him to be in severe pain on a daily, hourly basis. Well, his normal stay would've been a couple of days, however, he spiked a fever...and after test and chest xray...they discovered he'd developed a touch of pneumonia. Scary. So far today, his temp has been normal, but he's still in moderate pain from the surgery itself. He's been on antibiotics non-stop to kick the pneumonia....I just pray that they've kicked in..and he'll be home by tomorrow or so. Running back and forth to the hospital is tiring in itself. I did it for an entire month with a newborn last year when my DH had his terrible accident. So, that makes this a cake walk, but still very tiring because I'm preggers.

Other than that, I've just been dealing with a very active almost two year old. He is totally into the temper tantrum stage now. My hubby swears up and down that he has inherited that trait from me...hmm, maybe? I don't know. I just say it's "that time" for it to kick in. The problem is that he will do it anywhere...at the cost of his head. Well, I'll just have to grin and bear it...but only so much.

Well, again, I just wanted to update briefly...it's been a while! So, take care all! :)

6 comments

Stampin' Meg said...

Hang in there chickie- the 2's will pass!
I hope that your FIL is out of the hospital soom.

Scrappinwendi said...

Sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope he will be going home soon. I am dealing with the boyish temper too. I just take it one day at a time : )

Andrea Amu said...

So sorry about your FIL! When it rains, it pours!

Ohhh, I can not wait to hear how KJ is with a newborn around in a few short months! That'll be a blast, lol! Nawh, he'll be fine with the baby.

Fink said...

How come when they are bad it is our side!!!!! LOL Thanks on the congrats. Sad part is I already own the Expression! But I will find something to do with it! : )

Char said...

o sorry to hear about your FIL! I hope your tiredness goes away soon. Mine usually goes away during the 2nd trimester than hits fulltime during the 3rd.

How far along are you exactly? I know we are close. I am 20 weeks.

Amy said...

Hope your FIL is doing better. Make sure you are taking care of YOU too!