Clearly I need a hand slap for blog neglect! I have no excuses, but life gets nuts with kiddos! At any rate, I hope to get back to posting more regularly here.
I had the honor of being able to play with some very cool stamps from Stampendous Stamps...from their newly released products this past CHA. This is one of several layouts that I created. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to photograph them all, but as soon as I get them back, I will photograph and post ;).
The bulk of the layouts I created were kept minimal, (in comparison to my usual) in the essence of time, but more to show that you don't always need patterned paper when you have some pretty snazzy stamps and inks to work with. This layout is comprised only of stamps from one of Stampendous' Perfectly Clear sets and various Clearsnap Spray Inks used to create the "watercolor" background.
I literally added ColorBox Archival Dye Ink (staple in my mixed-media arsenal) in Wicked Black to the stamp set as it was on the plastic release sheet it was packaged on-and stamped til my heart was content! I added minimal embellishments to the page in keeping with my "simple" theme. The stars have been embossed with Stampendous' Encrusted Jewel embossing powders (really fun to play with). Top it off with the "live creatively" stamp and the layout is complete!
This layout again, is in keeping with keeping it simple to highlight the stamps and lack of patterned paper. I simply used ColorBox Stephanie Barnards Premium Dye Ink to create the watercolor background. Once the ink dried, I randomly stamped the script stamp using ColorBox Archival Dye Ink; these are my go to inks when I'm using wet mediums to create with because they are permanent and light-fast.
The very cool circles (here) come from a set created by mixed media artist Nat Kalbach for Stampendous. I stamped three circles in three different colors of ColorBox Dye Inks and cut them each in half to create the scalloped border. I added stitching and a few sequins to complete the page.
Both of these pages were featured in their current catalog. I had a blast creating with the generous amount of stamps and supplies they sent me to play with! Take care y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Follow on Instagram
No comments
Post a Comment