Nothing much is going on here but the mortgage! For those of you who didn't know...yesterday was my bday. A pretty uneventful day actually...just thanking God for blessing me to see another year! We didn't do anything special just put some steaks, burgers, chicken and corn on the grill and chilled out on the backporch; I'm so happy to be able to sit out there without dying from heat exhaustion! Other than that, the day went as normal, baby, laundry and cleaning. However, with exception of the latter, it was a pretty fun day! My friend did come over and we'd 'planned' to scrap, but that didn't happen because the inlaws came over. Oh well.
My hubby is starting to give me a complex. I don't consider myself to be a materialistic person in any sense of the word. I do however appreciate the thought of doing something for someone that you 'allegedly' care about....no matter how big or small the thought may be. Well, the ding dong didn't get me anything for my bday...not even a freaking card! I'd like to tell myself it's because we've become comfortable enough with one another in life that we don't need gifts to validate our marriage or love for one another. But the more I think that ...the more it sounds like a crock of sh*t! When I asked why, he just smirked and said he just didn't get me anything. He has notoriously been using the line, "You're going to buy your own gift anyways!!!" Yeah, it's cool that I can go buy exactly what I want without having to fake the funk of gift liking, but damn every once and a while...I'd like to say my husband got this for me...or he did that for me. To make matters even worse, after I complained about not even getting a card, he says, "Well, I'll just go get you something tomorrow!" (with an attitude no less!) I politely flipped him off along with a pot full of other nicetys that I dare not post. Does he actually think I want his leftover thought? Did he seriously think I was gonna jump off the couch and count my blessings? It's silly, I know...because in actuality, I really don't care about not getting a gift from him....it's the acknowledgement or lack there of that pisses me off. Okay, enough of the vent!
Anywho....along with this tagging business:
*4 JOBS THAT I'VE HAD
Fast food (church's chicken)Inventory "specialists" hehe
Call center internet rep
Call center
*4 MOVIES THAT I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER
Big Momma's House
Gladiator
Norbit
Sixth Sense
*4 TV SHOWS THAT I WATCH
House
Bones
Tell Me You Love Me (HBO...hot!)
House of Payne
*4 PLACES I HAVE LIVED
Hammond, Louisiana
San Diego, California
Virginia Beach/Norfolk, Virginia
Mobile, Alabama
*4 FAVORITE FOODS
Spaghetti
Taco Salad
Pizza
Chicken
*4 FAVORITE COLORS
Black
Blue
White
Brown
*4 PLACES I WOULD LOVE TO BE NOW
Scrapping with endless ideas...anywhere!
beaches of Hawaii
Alaska
some kind of euphoric place where money was no object!
*4 NAMES I LIKE, BUT WOULD NOT NAME MY CHILDREN
Nyalah (strong contender if I ever have a girl!)
Genevieve
Taylor
Caleb
I am tagging:
Finkster!
Christine
Lainey
Aleta
Nyalah (strong contender if I ever have a girl!)
Genevieve
Taylor
Caleb
I am tagging:
Finkster!
Christine
Lainey
Aleta
Follow on Instagram
7 comments
Hey now! I have a Taylor!!!! It was supposed to be something else but everyone complained! James wanted to name her Tyler & I said it was to much a boy name. So dummy me said how about Taylor. Like I guess I was not the only to come up with that one! Ugh! I should have listened to him! I am not crazy about the name! Anyway, sorry that he had such an attitude with you regarding your own birthday!!! I do understand how you feel.
I saw that you tagged me! I never been either and will stop back to get the questions tomorrow so that I can post mine!
Hugs and Kisses
Hugs to you Fink! I LOVE the name Taylor girl! I just wouldn't name my kid Taylor...simply because I have a few of them in my family already! Even a Tayla. If it were not used as much in my family, I'd do it in heartbeat. You did right not to name her Tyler! it is too boyish...but could've also been feminine as well.
Even though it seems dh did get the best of you yesterday...I'm sorry you were disappointed that you didn't get anything from him! Maybe he'll surprise you someday soon when you least expect it! At least you ate well for the day...yummy grilled food at that!
Happy Birthday again, and thanks for playing along with the tags!
Your husband sounds exactly like mine! Who wants "forced" gifts??? (Like the roses I got the day AFTER our anniversary and ONLY because I was ticked that he didn't get me anything ON our anniversary). MEN!
Anyway, glad your b-day was relaxing at least. Happy Birthday old lady! :-)
What is with those guys?! Grrrrr!!!
Love your answers to your tag girl....you are too funny!!
And men.....I say don't worry about living with them, just shoot them!! LOL....Just kidding, now go put that gun back up!!
Big Hugs to you.....hope he makes it better!!
Hey where have you been my sister?????
Post a Comment