It's been a minute!

Well, I know I've not updated in over a week...shameful! I've just been a little busy on top of a crappy week last week. KJ went in for his 12 month shots (1month late because his bday is 2days before Xmas) and checkup last Wednesday. She asked how his ears were doing, and I told her that I noticed he began tugging on the right one again. Sure enough, when she looked in his right ear...she saw inflammation and "bulging." So, she puts him on Amoxicillin again after I told her that he had broken out in hives all over his body after completing the treatment before. Well...she says the same thing as the other pediatrician, "Since it happened after he finished then it's not the medicine...it's probably something that he got into." So, I say OOOOOKAY. He's two days into treatment and what happens...he breaks out in hives again. So now, I'm faced with having to switch antibiotics in the middle of treatment, give him benadryl for the hives, and Motrin/Tylenol for fever and pain. Yesterday he spiked a 102.5 fever as well as this morning. So, the poor little guy is going through some things right now. I just pray that he can stand this medicine. She also scares the crap out of me and says that the two antibodies could react with one another and cause breathing problems. So, again, I just pray that all is well with the switch and actual tolerance of this new antibiotic.

I've had a pretty stinky week as well, but things are getting better...I won't elaborate just yet...maybe one day.

I may be returning back to the work force...unfortunately. It'll only be part time if i go, but I still don't think I'm ready to leave the kiddo. I'm having separation anxiety LOL. If hubby finds a job that's comparable or better than now then, I think I will rejoin the SAHM ranks! I love being home taking care of my baby. It's THE most rewarding thing I've done in life to date. But sometimes in life you have necessary evils...one is working. The only good part is, is that I'll be working from home...but because I'll be on the phone the ENTIRE time and if Dad is working, I still have to worry about either someone coming over to watch him for a couple of hours or taking him somewhere. We'll see!

One highlight of the week is that I did enter the CX monthly scrapbook contest (per Meredith's suggestion...thanks so much girl! I never thought to do that!) for the month of January and I won!!! Yes, I won first place! It's for the layout that I did of little Ms. Jada. How cool is that? I will have 75 bucks of free scrappy shopping...wooo hooo!


Well I'm off to the trenches. Hopefully I'll be updating a little more often. Take care all :)

This makes me smile! I promise, my glasses are not that dirty and that my kid's nose is not usually that dirty! LOL!

For Andrea, a sneak peek at the color of my scrappy room. I haven't painted in weeks and still obviously need to go around the baseboards and such. The color is a tad darker than what it shows...the flash on my camera makes it look different, but you get the idea!


Kj enjoying the delicious taste of his building block!


KJ and Dad pointing at me to put the camera down!

8 comments

Fink said...

Working out of home can be a good thing! Maybe you can work it out around his schedule! I am sorry things have been so bad! Antonia can't take amoxicillian either! I like Zythromax because it is quicker and does not need to be in the fridge!

Stampin' Meg said...

HAHA I love KJ's new glasses! What a hoot-I sure hope that he feels better soon.MAn doncha wish that you had stock in "the pink stuff" they give so much of that out to kids!

Stampin' Meg said...

PS- congrats on winning the CX contest- that is AWESOME (I have never won anything from them for any of my submissions- definitely no love from them for me!)$75 GC is a GREAT prize!!!

CJensen said...

CONGRATS of winning the the monthly contest! You are so talented, it is no wonder you won!!

So sorry to hear about your troubles with meds..so frustrating..Seriously, I can't imagine a Dr chancing giving hime teh Amox again if thier was a chance of an allergy! My hubby and oldest son are allergic to Amoxacillan too.

I understand about working..I may have to be doing that here soon aswell..not thrilled about it, but as you said, sometimes it is a necessary evil! Crossing my fingers for you that hubby gets a job that lets you continue to stay home!

Jen Gallacher said...

I CANNOT believe that they put him back on Amoxycillan. I had a reaction to it as an adult, and I would NEVER want anyone to feel as miserable as I did. I ended up in the ER to get a shot for it. I just couldn't take the itching and the burning. ARG!!! Wishing you a quick recovery and a better medicine!

Sabrina said...

Hi Suzanne,
Just wanted to say hello! I can't believe they put him back on amoxicillin either! What a sad thing for your cute little dude! Hope he is feeling better and sending big hugs your way too!
I love the color of your scrappy room...(what color is it? hee hee-we're painting too)and congrats on your win over at CX!

Lainey said...

I hope he is better soon! It definitely sounds like a reaction to some meds, to a layperson, anyway! Poor lil' guy!

Congrats on winning the contest! Whoohoo!

Andrea Amu said...

Hey...congrats on your big win! That's real cool, and well-deserved! Happy spending... I know it won't take you long ;)

Sorry about KJ's episodes! That sucks that they put him back on the amox. Idiots! And I'm sorry you've had a sucky week too, if you want you can always vent to me! And I LOVE your wall color... I wish I could color my walls, but we rent so they stay white :(