Hey everyone! Suzanne here today sharing a layout of my beautiful niece using lots of inks and some of my favorite products by DSD. She's such a joy (even as a teen) to be around-just a genuinely kind-hearted young lady. I absolutely adore the Artistic Papers as well as Spellbinder's Shadow Flower dies because both are so versatile in use-and of course the corrugated board...it's almost a given!
I started the layout by just randomly creating the "splats" of ink on the background of the page and built upwards from there. I frayed a piece of canvas paper and sewed around the edges. Using the Honey Mix'd Media Inx and a stencil, I created the brick background- spraying it with water to achieve a distressed/worn look.
Here are a few closeups:
I used one of the dies from the Shadow Flowers die set to frame the photo along with a piece of dyed lace paper and Crafty Chronicle (Younique...love the puzzle). The Shadow flower was colored using the Peridot Mix'd Media Inx (cut from a piece of Artistic Paper), stamped with DSD "All my love" stamp, then embossed with UTEE. We've had pretty stinky weather lately, so the photos aren't the greatest and may not show the embossing. I initially thought that I wouldn't use the Truffle Mix'd Media Inx the way I did, but I found myself picking it up OFTEN. I used it to edge the boarders of the Zutter Corrugated Board as well as the Crafty Chronicle.
I used a distress ink, mists, and water to create the splatters and added some Want2Scrap Pearls to add a little dimension and texture.
The Sprightly Sprockets Nestaboard and Nestabling were really fun to layer in. They definitely add dimension and a touch of whimsy. I layered a die cut from Spellbinders Edge-It kit (artistic paper was used for the cut and Honey Mix'd Media Inx to color it), a piece of doily, and a piece of flower ribbon. The inks were really fun to play with, just how they react on different surfaces and mediums alone was a blast!!!
Jump right in and give experimentation a try with these super cool products DSD has to offer! As always, keep creating y'all!!!
My Blog
Supplies Used: Want2Scrap DSD: Nestaboard-Sprightly Sprockets, Nestabling-Sprightly Sprockets, Pearls Clearsnap DSD: Mix'd Media Inx-Truffle, Honey, Peridot. Art Gone Wild DSD: All My Love stamp GCD Studios DSD: Artistic Paper, Crafty Chronicle "Younique". Spellbinders: Shadow Flowers, Edge-It Kit. Zutter: Corrugated Board. Ranger's Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Trunk Bay Glimmer Mist, doily, Offray Flower Ribbon, Fredrix Canvas Paper, Maya Road Chipboard Letters, red acrylic paint, Crafter's Workshop Brick and Paint Splatter stencils.





Follow on Instagram
2 comments
This is perfectly wonderful! I love, love, love the photo, and it is just set off perfectly with your choices of color and design! I marvel at your work, my friend! :D
You sure can do marvelous magic with mixed media supplies! I think everything you do is a drop-dead gorgeous piece of art! This is stunning!
Post a Comment