Wow, it's been a minute

I know I haven't updated in a while, but not much has been going on lately. Thanksgiving was great. I spent all day Wednesday cooking...and early Thursday. We actually spent the day at my MIL's...they smoked and fried a turkey. OMG, if you've never tasted a homemade smoked turkey, you have no idea what you're missing!!! That sucker was soooo juicy that when you put it in your mouth...it literally melted (fell to pieces). Yummy is all I can say! I cooked a smaller than normal dinner for my house. Homemade cornbread dressing, potato salad, baked macaroni and cheese, ham, sweet potato pie (courtesy of Wally World!) . So, all in all, it was a pretty good day.

The weekend of course was filled with tons of football (ick). I didn't do Black Friday, because that's just not my cup of tea. I'd rather do Cyber Monday esp if they're offering free shipping. I'll even still most likely buy my kiddos toys online instead of beating the crowds. Actually, I went out to Michaels on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised that the crowds were at a minimum. I don't know if that had anything to do with football or not...but I didn't ask questions.

Other than that, life has been pretty much the same. I go in for a follow up visit in regard to the miscarriage...not fun. I'm so tired of having my hiney heisted up in the air to strangers!!! The things women have to go through....if only men could experience it in one day....periods, babies, the weight of the world......they would so be begging for a trade back!!!

Well take care all! I hope to be checking out the rest of your blogs very soon. Thanks for your warm thoughts CXer's! Andrea, it was really good talking to you at the CC. We need to do it again...I'm so happy you were able to talk to me and I you. Hugs!

3 comments

Andrea Amu said...

Hugs to you too girlie! So glad that we chatted! Sounds like your Turkey Day was a success, and how delish that smoked/fried turkey sounds! Yummmy! Take care... hope your follow-up went well!

Fink said...

Just stopping by! It sounds like Turkey was good! LOL

Update anyway so I am have something to read!

Stampin' Meg said...

Oh my that food sounds delish- I hear ya on the hiney in the air biz!Seems like there should be a better way... you left out mammograms- now there's another treat for us gals!!!!