Still kicking.....

Where does the time go? Can't believe it's been over a month since I've had the chance to update. Not much has been going on...just trying to get into a consistent routine with Kensington and KJ. KJ is a handful, as usual, add that to a newborn needing your undivided attention at all times, well you have a recipe for "NO TIME!" It never fails, as soon as she's asleep, he's up and about running around like a little crazy man, and when he goes down for a nap, she wakes. I do rather enjoy and savor the rare event that they both go down together. Even then, that's filled with housework, cooking, laundry...does it ever end folks?? I think not! I have like 18yrs of non stop "fun!" Seriously, eventhough it gets a little crazy at times, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Kensington is doing well. She's 2months old already...and chunky as ever! She has started smiling back and cooing. I love that. So precious and innocent. Now if we can get her to sleep all night, I think we have a winner!!! Soon...soon. Her frequency has cut down a hell of a lot. She'll go to sleep around 11 or midnight and wake around 4 or 5. Which isn't bad compared to what she used to do when we first brought her home. So, hopefully the trend continues and she'll be an all nighter soon!

The weather has been off the chains crazy. For the first time in 6yrs, I was afraid that our house was gonna take on water. We got dumped on yesterday. We're not in a flood prone area and we've never had to worry about flooding, but yesterday proved it doesn't matter if you're in a flood zone or not. Scary stuff. Thank God it slacked up just enough for the water to drain off-that plus we have the benefit of very sandy soil....so that helped a lot.

Well, I'm off for now. Here are a few random pics. Take care all! :)


My front yard is under here somewhere

My chunky monkey smiling!


KJ enjoying oustside play

9 comments

Fink said...

They look so much alike! Well you know what I mean! I am glad that the flooding stopped! Who needs those headaches! Good luck with K sleeping through the night!

Andrea Amu said...

Awww, I love your sweet chunky monkey!

And, KJ is lookin'like quite the big boy these days!

Glad all is well :)

CJensen said...

aHHHH..What cuties you have Suzanne!I hear you on no time, seems to be my lot lately aswell. Big Hugs girl!

Amy said...

Ah Suz! What a sweetie she is!

So I think we have a mutual friend that I am working with now... Wendi Kimball?

Anonymous said...

stoping by to say Hello!! Your little chunky Monkey bundle of joy is a clone of you!!! (Mini Suz)

KJ is so adorable! My goodness he has a precious smile!

wendyp said...

oh what a cutie pie she is! Look at all those curls and that smile! oh, how I miss that stage. maybe not the sleepless nights though, lol!

Scrappinwendi said...

I think she is one cutie patootie! I definately dont miss that Alabama weather. I already posted on the board about me worrying about yall during hurricane season. Keep safe and keep those photos coming of the kiddos. Miss seeing ya girlie!

joybear said...

that little wrinkled nose..melt my heart!!!! KJ looks like he is haveing tons of fun.

Stampin' Meg said...

Ohhhhh Kenisngton's smiles are too precious!
You sure sound like one busy Mama!