Yep, a "quick" share!

My son's Easter party is in about an hour or thereabouts...so I just wanted to post a layout that I completed for my LSS, Scrapping Frenzy.  I was challenged to use a piece of lace paper from American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection.  Well, I immediately thought "paint, ink, more paint, water" when I saw the sheet.  :D  So, yea..it got just a wee bit crazy ;).  If you know me, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here's the unscathed, innocent sheet of lace paper:

Here's my ummm "mutilation" of said purdy lace frilly paper ;)

This is my son and oldest daughter being goofy as usual.  I wanted to take some pictures and told them to smile....well KJ's mastered the non toddler smile...but Kensie, OMG she gives her ALL when she smiles....shows every tooth in her mouth! So, after seeing her "smiling" KJ began to mock her, and they both were cracking up by the time I'd thrown my hands up in surrender of trying to get a good picture.  These actually came out blurry, but man do I love them!  Here are a few close-ups.




I essentially used the lace paper as a stencil (you can see it on the picture above this one on the kraft paper), then I cut a couple of the roses out to use on my layout.  The papers are from MME's Miss Caroline collection and the houndstooth is from Teresa Collins Fabrications collection (beautiful papers!).

Have a great weekend!  Take care y'all! 

1 comment

Anonymous said...

This is SO awesome, ladycakes!! I love the movement in the flowers and sewn circles, they are perfect! And those photos......just insanely cute. :)
I'm sending big hugs to you for all of your sweet comments. You make my day with all of your encouragement and kindness. I wish you lived closer, so I could take you out for coffee!!
<3