Clearsnap World Card Making Day Blog Hop 2013



Clearsnap Creative Team Creates Cards! World Card Making Day 2013
Ink, stamps, foils, and glitter… yeah!! We love card-making here at Clearsnap so our Creative Team decided to throw a card-making party today, during World Card Making Day 2013! Hop thro
ugh the list of our Creative Team’s blogs, check out their fab projects, and then leave a comment on each blog post. We have TWO prizes up for grabs!!

To enter to win an assortment of Limited Editions Cat’s Eyes , comment on each blog in the hop.
To enter to win the Rollagraph and Inkpad Assortment, use the rafflecopter widget on the Clearsnap Blog.
So are you ready to Hooooooooooooooooooooooop? Here’s the list – enjoy!
http://blog.clearsnap.com
http://Whatsinalousyananut.blogspot.com
http://stephaniescraps.blogspot.com/
http://www.sabrinaalery.com
http://hydrangeahippo.com/blog




Hey everyone!! Welcome to the Clearsnap Blog Hop for World Card Making Day 2013!  Today I've created a card featuring some Clearsnap goodness that makes glamming up any card effortless!  


The focal point of the card was created using one of my most favorite Top Boss Embossing Powders-Sterling Silver.  I die-cut the butterfly from an electronic die-cutting machine using a double sided adhesive sheet. I carefully removed the adhesive release paper, sprinkled the butterfly negative with the Embossing Powder, and heat embossed.  


I mounted the embossed adhesive die-cut onto a piece of paper that had been scored with a crosshatch design using a scoreboard.  For added dimension, the outer edges of the card were scored as well. 


The flower is also a die-cut that has been colored using Clearsnap Smooch Sprtiz in Sea Kiss.  The flag banner is stamped with a text stamp using ColorBox Archival Dye Ink in Wicked Black. 

Thanks for taking the time to hop along with Clearsnap today!!!  I hope you've enjoyed this simple yet glammed up card.  Head on over to the very talented Stephanie's blog to check out the eye candy! 


Please subscribe to our blog and follow us on the following social networks for even more inky inspiration:


Facebook Twitter YouTube Pinterest Instagram Google+ RSS

22 comments

Scrappy Canuck said...

What a pretty card!

Roseanna C said...

Thanks for the idea and inspiration. The card is very pretty.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Your card is gorgeous! I just love butterflys! And really interested in that Clearsnap Sterling Silver embossing powder! Fantastic!

Unknown said...

So so pretty Suzanne!!

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Lovely. I love the idea of using score lines for texture. Thanks for sharing.

Hydrangea Hippo - Jennifer Priest said...

Love love love your card!!! What flower die is that? Love the texture of the score lines and the use of the negative diecut.

Unknown said...

that flower die is lovely and the score lines are really effective

Darlene S. said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing.

JPScraps said...

Awesome card! I LOVE how you did the butterfly. Too cool!

Benwah said...

I like the textured look on the card. Might give this one a try. Thanks

Beneta

Steph Ackerman said...

Love it Suzanne, great way to use the embossing powder.

Alexia Misso said...

Love the glitter on the card, butterfly is so pretty!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cool card! Love the sparkle and that great cross hatch pattern!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous butterfly die cut and love the glitter!

cghundley said...

Such a pretty card.
Thanks for the
instructions on
making it.
Carla from Utah

Lisa R. said...

Fabulous card!!! TFS

Janis said...

Spectacular!! I must try that technique. Lovely results.
<3 J

Anonymous said...

The butterfly really stands out with the glitter. The blue flower is a stand-out too.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! I love the silver embossing!

Unknown said...

Great tutorial. I am going to have to try this.

croppinmama said...

Lovely creative card using so many techniques beautifully. The use of scoring adds so much fun dimension and interest.

Andrea Amu said...

This is one cool card design! Always mind-blowin'!